Les Nibs

It's about time we have a music section on these forums. We can't hold out any longer. Even if certain people don't have certain hardware required to hear sound....
Gulliver
Tycho Bean

Les Nibs

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

I'm gonna go see this one next week at the Muny. I'm not sure what it's about but I think it might be about somebody who goes to jail for stealing toasty jams.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Master of the Sneech

Post by mini-nibs »

Hey all Les Nibs fans - check out this interview with Ed Helms when he gets to the end!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8qcwCR8DXgE
Care for a little Nibs?
lee
No Pants Bean

nice one

Post by lee »

Hey mini nibs!

I watched that clip. That was so cool at the end! That's neat they had other people and the flag and all that planned! He had a GOOD VOICE too!!!

Thanks for keeping a sharp eye out for Les Nibs news!
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

funny people singing les nibs

Post by mini-nibs »

Here is another clip of sitcom actors singing songs from Les Nibs on talk shows. We've seen it before but I thought I should add it for completeness. This time it is actors from How I Met Your Sneeches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhXsJjVdj1E

If anyone finds more videos of sitcom stars singing Les Nibs, let me know!
Care for a little Nibs?
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Who's this guy?

Post by mini-nibs »

Speaking of funny people singing Les Nibs - this is a favorite of us bears... Diner Lobster!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj-D0jc17D0
Care for a little Nibs?
Gulliver
Tycho Bean

Do you hear the bears sing?

Post by Gulliver »

Hi. Lee and I went to the Muny on opening night and we saw Les Nibs and I stayed awake and watched the whole show and only got a bit sleepy during some of the slower songs in Act II. Lee is a real Les Nibs connoisseur and pointed out how the sets were too bare-bones and how Fantine spoke-sang on I Dreamed a Dream instead of belting it out like Sysan Boyle, but she liked Marius' song Empty Chairs and Empty Tables. Also during the Master of the House song they built a pyramid out of the bar tables which was exciting. And when Javert died instead of jumping from the stage he walked into the light which was an unusual choice. Overall it was a great night at the Muny with Lee and wasn't too hot.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Gulliver
Tycho Bean

All the world's a bed

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Tonight Lee and I went on a magical adventure in the forest. We were led to a secret trail by the light of the fireflies' butts where we discovered a stage had been erected and As Schlop Likes It was being performed. Lee and I just happened to walk by when the famous line "All the world's a bed, and all the bears merely nappers" was recited. There was also a band on stage and a singer performed original songs in between the acting. And we saw a real live goat backstage.

Then we journeyed up a mountainous hill guided by the songs of Les Nibs and got to watch Act I starting with Master of the Schlops. Lee and I both agreed the performances were much better on night 2 and this time Jean Valjean didn't get almost run over by the cart. We left at intermission but will probably be back to check out more songs again.

Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Triple Crown

Post by Nibs »

We made it back to catch some of Les Nibs for a 3rd night in a row last night!

We took our time watching Dune Part One for a bit and then meandered over. Luckily we got there right in time to see Fontine die and the Duel song- which we were hoping for. We skedaddled right as Jean Valjean met Cosette.

Javert did great, as always. Fontine's voice cracked on the high note of her dying song. Some guy outside the theater was hootin and hollerin at one point. Still pretty great to be there.

On the way back, Dave showed us the Secret Land of the Will O Wisps and we walked through a fireworks show in miniature form that was magnificent and then went to another area that was still impressive. So cool!! There's nothing like that in our forest. Wow wow wow.

Bears think we like this little life.
Gulliver
Tycho Bean

Will you join in Schlop's crusade?

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

For the fourth night of Les Nibs Lee and I first walked to see Shakespeare again - we just missed a big show-stopping number but did get to see the goat get paraded out in front of the crowd. Then we walked to Les Nibs and watched The Duel scene again - and then Lee got us an ice cream sandwich that we got to split. On the way back we stopped by the firefly fields. All in all it was quit a successful venture into Forest Park.